Properties are available from 4pm on the day of
arrival and keys should be collected from the THORPENESS HOTEL RECEPTION OFFICE, Lakeside Ave, Thorpeness, Suffolk IP16 4NH.
Departure is no later than 10am on the last day
, keys should be returned to the Thorpeness Hotel.
1. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total rent is payable on booking and the balance is to be received by us one month before arrival. Reservations made less than a month before arrival must pay the FULL RENT on booking. Booking conditions apply to all persons occupying the properties.
All bookings carry a £10 per property booking fee.
2. In the event of cancellation, after payment of the full rent, the guest remains responsible for the FULL RENT. Guests are advised to take out HOLIDAY INSURANCE to cover any cancellations.Ryan Insurance Group
3. Electricity and services are included in the rent.
4. Bed linen and towels are supplied. Enough soap and toilet rolls for the first evening are provided plus dishwasher products ( if applicable ) and basic cleaning materials. For guests staying more than one week we provide a service to collect and replace linen and towels on a Saturday morning. On request staff are available to offer a basic clean through including, hoovering and dusting the apartment and cleaning bathrooms. Washing up and keeping kitchen equipment clean is the responsibility of the guest.
5. In no circumstances may more than the maximum numbers of persons, as stated in the brochure occupy a property.
6. PETS: Where pets are permitted please ensure that they are well behaved and not left unattended for long periods. Flea and worming treatments must be up to date. We reserve the right to enter properties if necessary, and you as the pet owner are responsible for removing any evidence of your pet. Charges will be made for any damage or for extra cleaning after departure. Dogs are not permitted in the Country Club grounds and the owner must remove any mess in public areas surrounding the Country Club, or in the garden of their property.
Please show consideration for guests visiting after you have gone home. See condition 14.
PLEASE NOTE that an extra £20 rental fee is incurred for properties that allow pets.
7. Please check on leaving that all personal belongings have been removed from the property. A minimum charge of £8 will be made for retrieval, packing and postage involved in recovery.
8. The owner/agent is not responsible for cycles brought onto the premises. A locked garage is available for the Thorpeness apartments and each apartment is issued with a key. Cycles must not be taken into apartments or any other building. If left where they may cause an accident they will be removed. Skateboards are not permitted in the grounds.
9. Tennis and Golf. With the exception of July and August tennis is free to residents. During July and August either FULL or TEMPORARY membership of the tennis club is available. SOCIAL membership is included in the cost of accommodation and guests are welcome to use the bar and catering facilities open from mid July until the end of August. Golf is available at a discount of 20% and a handicap certificate is required to play the course.
10. Please note that the Ballroom at the Country Club is in use for weddings and functions throughout the year, particularly at weekends. If you are looking for a quiet apartment please ask on booking.
11. If a telephone is provided, the guest will be responsible for paying for all calls made in whatever manner specified by the owner. Some apartments have a telephone which is for incoming calls only. Our recommendation is to bring a Mobile Phone for use in an emergency.
12. If the property owner is prevented by circumstances beyond their control from making the property available and cannot provide a suitable alternative they will refund all rent pre-paid to you.
13. Neither the property owner nor agent accepts responsibility for loss or damage to belongings, nor injury or accident which the guest or any of his party may incur or experience.
14. The guest undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture, fixtures and effects in good repair as at the commencement of occupation and shall pay to the agent, prior to departure, the full value of any part of the premises, furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects so destroyed or damaged. Breakages and damage should be reported immediately. No additional furniture or fixtures should be placed in the dwelling. No posters or any type of adhesives to be fixed to the walls. On departure the apartment should be left clean and tidy. All foodstuffs, rubbish and any chemicals must be removed. Crockery and cutlery should be clean and the dishwasher empty. Charges may be made for apartments left in a poor condition.
On the day of departure properties should be vacated by 10am.
15. Electrical appliances taken into the apartment by hirers should have a valid portable appliance certificate if more than a year old.
16. We act as letting agents for the properties. Whilst we always try to ensure that the properties are well maintained and equipped, the ultimate responsibility rests with the owners. In the rare instance guests have any complaint they should let us know as soon as possible and we will endeavour to rectify the problem. If this is not possible, we ask that complaints are submitted in writing and we will relay the complaint to the owner for instructions. The descriptions are made in good faith and as agents we will not be responsible for any changes made by the property owners without notifying us. The contracting parties are the owners and the guest, not the letting agent.